This article details the behavior of customizations across different aggregators along with their constraints.
- Swiggy does not support nested option groups and options. This is solved by creating different variants as separate items on the menu.
- An item should not have more than 4 variant groups associated with it.
- An item should have more than one option (variant) in a variant group.
Example: Here we have an option group - Size, which has 4 variants namely - Family, Full, Half, Large & Regular.
Various option groups associated with the same item cannot have "similar names", different option groups should be named differently.
- Unlike other platforms, Zomato has support for nested option groups and nested options at the API level
- There are no other restrictions as such for customizations on Zomato.
Location association of Options:
For inventory control and price updates of options at a location level, you have to associate the locations to the options. The locations not associated with the options pick the data (price & availability) from the master level & are not location-specific.