API Document Reference - https://api-ordering-docs.urbanpiper.com/#catalogue-ingestion-callback
- What is the purpose of this Callback?
- This webhook helps in keeping a reference of the response received for the API call made to Managing Catalogue API. If there are any errors found in the data passed will be sent in the callback response. Make sure to listen for the callback before the next request is sent to UrbanPiper.
- Why is it important to consume this webhook?
- After the API request is made to UP, waiting for the callback response will help in validating whether the request successfully processed in the UP system or not. There might be a scenario where the API gives away HTTP 200 success response but while doing the data processing in the UP system, it can be found one or other attributes have issues. Thus, the menu data won't get created/updated in the UrbanPiper system. Thus, when the menu is synced to aggregators, the changes won't reflect.
- How long it will take to receive the callback response?
- Since this endpoint supports the handling of store related information in bulk, all its related processing is done asynchronously. When the request is made, the platform does a quick validation of the payload and responds with a unique reference value to identify the request. After that, the payload is added to a queue from where background processes start work on it asynchronously.
Ideally, you should receive the callback response within 1 minute.
- How to identify the callback response received for which request?
- When the Managing Catalogue API call is made, an HTTP response will be returned with the unique "reference_id". When the callback is triggered, the webhook payload will have the same "reference_id" which will help in identifying the callback for the request made.
- What actions expected under "upipr_status"?
- U - Updated
- A - Added
- D - Disassociated from Store