Authorization - https://api-ordering-docs.urbanpiper.com/#authentication
- What is the use of Authorization?
- In order to make a request to our Restful APIs, you need to use the proper authorization shared with you for a brand/business.
- Where to put the Authorization keys in the request?
- You need to put the Authorization keys in the headers of the request. Below is the format of how you need to use them,
key - Authorization
value - apikey api_username:api_key
where the api_username and api_key will be shared with you.
- How many Authorization will I get for one business?
- You will get only one Authorization for one brand/business.
- Can I get the Authorization outlet/store wise for a brand?
- No, you will get only one Authorization for a brand irrespective of N' number of stores/outlets the brand has.
- What Domain URL I need to use for the sandbox environment?
- You need to use https://staging.urbanpiper.com for the test environment.
- What Domain URL I need to use for the Production Environment?
- You need to use https://api.urbanpiper.com for the live environment.
- What is Multi-brand and how you define it?
- A merchant runs a different set of brands under a single location/outlet and manages the inventory and orders in one POS system, we term that approach as Multi-brand. The integration we have with POS who on-board these kinds of merchants called Multi-brand integration.
- How does Authorization work for multi-brand integration?
- When multi-brand integration is in place for a POS, we issue only one Authorization key associated with multiple businesses along with a biz/brand id.
You need to send biz/brand id under the header with the key name - x-upr-biz-id and the value - will be shared with you during the on-boarding of the business by our OM/ACM.
Based on the value you set for x-upr-biz-id, the request will be made to that specific business/brand in our system.
In one sentence, you need to pass Universal Authorization and x-upr-biz-id under headers every time you make a request to our system for multi-brand integration.
Note: If there are any of your merchants who have multi-brands, please make sure you highlight this to your integration PoC during the development stage itself.