API Document Reference - https://api-ordering-docs.urbanpiper.com/#authentication
- What is the use of Authorization?
- Every request to UrbanPiper Restful APIs should be passed with proper Authorization key-value pairs sent under request-headers.
- Where to put the Authorization key-value pairs in the request?
- The Authorization key-value pairs should be sent under request-headers.
Below is the format,
key - Authorization
value - apikey <api_username>:<api_key>
where the api_username and api_key are dynamic values from business to business, the details will be shared with POS partners by the UrbanPiper onboarding team.
- How many Authorization key-value pairs are allowed for one brand?
- Only one Authorization key-value pairs are allowed for one brand/business.
- Can different Authorization key-value pairs be supported for different outlets/stores for the same brand?
- No, only one Authorization key-value pairs are issued for one brand irrespective of N' number of stores/outlets the brand owns.
- What Domain URL to be used for the sandbox/staging environment?
- Use https://staging.urbanpiper.com for the test environment.
- What Domain URL to be used for the Production Environment?
- Use https://api.urbanpiper.com for the live environment.
- What is the Multi-brand concept?
- A merchant who is running a different set of brands under a single location/outlet and manages the menu, inventory, and orders from one POS system, we term that concept as Multi-brand. The integration with POS who on-board these kinds of merchants is called as Multi-brand integration.
- The merchant can control menu data and order-related data of various brands using only one POS application. Ideally, at UrbanPiper end, it is treated as different brands by setting up a different Quint Dashboards for each brand. We connect these Quint Dashboards with the same Authorization key-value pairs such that the POS vendor doesn't require to configure different Authorization key-value pairs for these brands in their POS application.
- How does Authorization work for multi-brand integration?
- When multi-brand integration is in place for a POS, we issue only one Authorization key-value pairs (i.e, Universal Authorization) mapped with multiple Quint Dashboards that has unique biz/brand ids.
- POS partners are expected to send a unique UrbanPiper biz/brand id under the request-header with the key name - x-upr-biz-id along with the value that will be shared with POS partners during the on-boarding of the business by our OM/ACM.
- Based on the unique value of brand id you send in the key - x-upr-biz-id, the request will be made to that specific business/brand in our system.
- In one sentence, POS partners are expected to pass Universal Authorization key-value pairs and unique x-upr-biz-id value under request-headers for every API request to the UrbanPiper system for multi-brand integration.
- This Multi-brand integration should be implemented at the POS partner's end if the merchant who onboarded is looking for both aggregator restaurant and grocery business.
Note: If there are any of POS partner merchants who wants to have multi-brand integration, please make sure, it is highlighted to the UP integration PoC during the development stage itself or please write an email to email@example.com