If you are reading this article, that means your POS application must be already integrated with UrbanPiper for HUB. The merchants you have onboarded to UrbanPiper for HUB should have been already live on aggregators platforms.
In order to onboard a merchant who wishes to go-live on UrbanPiper powered OMS platforms like website, android/iOS APPs, Satellite Order Tracker then you need to handle few cases to make sure the implementations are covered in the existing integration for the orders placed through OMS platforms.
- All the attributes will become must-to-have in-order to control the data in the UrbanPiper right from the POS system. Each and every attribute is significant to control the data of the stores.
- Understand the importance of each attribute and accordingly pass the correct data after checking with the merchant.
- If you want to enable the store only for OMS and not for HUB then make use of "excluded_platforms" to exclude the aggregators.
- Understand the menu to be sold on the OMS platform by the merchant. Accordingly, sync to the UP system.
- If there are any items to be part of OMS and not part of the HUB then use the "excluded_platforms" to exclude the aggregators while syncing the menu.
- If there is any price difference between HUB and OMS menu, please check with your Point-of-Contact at UrbanPiper.
- To temporarily disable the store from getting orders via OMS platforms, pass the platform value as - "urbanpiper" under "platforms" array.
- If you want to disable the store for all the available platforms, then pass all the active platform values applicable for the store under "platforms" array.
- There is no platform-specific item enable/disable for this API.
- For OMS orders, the "channel" values will be one of the following — web, app_android, app_ios, satellite.
- Make sure UrbanPiper Order "id" is displayed on POS UI for OMS orders.
- Make sure to show the details of customer - "name", "phone", "address", payment - "option", "order_type", "delivery_datetime" on POS application.
- If any coupon code is applied by the customer, show the "coupon" name in the order details page of your POS application.
- When the Spilt payment scenario is provided, show both the payment "option"s on the POS application.
- Based on the payment "option" present in OMS order, accordingly, the delivery rider collects the money from the customer.
- Payment "option"s supported for OMS orders are — prepaid, payment_gateway, cash, paytm, wallet-credit, simpl, paypal.
- Order status update remains the same except, all the order states are expected to be passed to the Urbanpiper system from POS application.
- Available order states — Acknowledged, Food Ready, Dispatched, Completed, Cancelled.
- In case of OMS order, what all order states you pass to the UP system through Order Status Update API, the same will be triggered again back to your system through this webhook.
In case, if you have any further doubts regarding the same, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org